At the Golden Crown (At the White Horse) - Karlova Street 48/455, Old Town
Karlova Street 48/455, Old Town
Originally two Gothic houses were joined together in the mid-18th century during a late Baroque reconstruction after a number of other renovations, the interiors were refurbished in 1820’s in an early Classicist style (F. Pollak). The cellars preserved their Gothic character, there are early and peak Baroque vaults on the groundfloor, wooden Baroque features were preserved too (wainscot, window shutters and a joist ceiling). The house sign is original. From 16th until the 18th century there was a pharmacy inside the house.